History and place
The legend tells that in its private botanic garden of one hectare grows the oldest magnolia in Italy, which in 1574 was planted by the cardinal Carlo Borromeo. The granite bench on which the faithful sat waiting for the Pope remained intact under the tree.
In close proximity to the mansion there is a baroque church of Saints Alexander and Tiburtius, patrons of the region, where we can help you to organize any ritual or ceremony.
The historic building is located in a strategic position not only for parties and ceremonies, but also for sporting holidays, as it is surrounded by a myriad of sports clubs, trails, cycle paths, swimming and navigable lakes where you can serenely practice your own favorite discipline both indoors and outdoors:
- 5 minutes from the Campo dei Fiori Regional Park (21 trekking and mountain bike trails, 8 professional cycling routes, climbing wall, 3 tracks for cross-country skiing, Nordic walking, canyoning, orienteering, paragliding, hang-gliding, adventure park, etc.)
- 5 minutes from Lake Varese, ideal for rowing (Europeans 2012)
- 5-10 minutes from Golf dei Laghi, Golf Club Varese and Crossodromo Acquanegra (Motocross)
- 5-10 minutes from Lake Monate, the first stop of the Italian Open Water Tour and from Reno, departure of the famous Swim of the Hermitage (Lake Maggiore)
- 15 minutes from Laveno (Lake Maggiore), home to Top Vela, Centro Vela, and Circolo Velico MV